I am supporting this crowd-funding endeavour for a children’s book about adoption. You can too.
I made the decision to self-publish my children’s book, Loved Like Me after realising several very important things.
- No one is going to care about my book as much as I do.
- I have the resources at my fingertips to make this happen via the internet and networks IRL.
- Agents cost money once the contracts are signed. I do not want to share my profits from this book with anyone besides (possibly) a charity.
- This book is not something mainstream and would have been harder to continue to market to publishers.
- I have the experience in writing and I have done the research in marketing to know I can make this happen on my own.
- I have a supportive family and a talented illustrator, Rob Nicholson, whom has already invested their time supporting my dreams. Support teams are crucial when going it alone and mine is awesome!
- On-line publishing takes…
View original post 212 more words