What is SharePoint?
SharePoint is a powerful, flexible web-based platform that can support and enhance an organization’s team communications, collaboration and document management activities.
- See this Microsoft page that describes the newest version of a powerful business collaboration tool.
- As of late 2014, I have been catching up with differences between SharePoint Online, Office 365 and the endurance of on premises SharePoint!
- SharePoint is one of the technologies I support in my paid work. I started with WSS 2.0, WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007 and learned about SharePoint 2010 and its different flavours. Now I work with, support and train colleagues the collaboration and team communication features of SharePoint 2013.
- I think SharePoint is an awesome platform although there are so many areas to cover and roles to fill. I juggle responsibilities while wearing different hats in a small organization.
The following are a few page links where I have written about SharePoint:
- About this blog (connections to what I saw as consumerized SharePoint platform attempts by Microsoft circa 2007)
- Hunting the Elusive OSUG and SSO (A blog post about unsuccessful searches for SharePoint Saturday Ottawa events)
- Focus on that Summit (ramblings and links after attending SharePoint Summit 2012 in Toronto, Ontario)
- My first SharePoint Saturday.
- Head in the Clouds (SharePoint Summit 2013)
- SharePoint Saturday Ottawa November 23, 2013 (event planning and team participation)
- SharePoint Poetry attempt #1 (February 2015)
Thanks for dropping by.
– – –
This page was created: July 10, 2012 | Updated: February 24, 2015